Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Gothic Optician's Lucky 14: New Temple Designs

A very good evening to you, my spooky, kooky, and near/farsighted readers!

Thanks to the unseasonably cold and snowy March weather in my neck of the woods, we had very few patients and a rather slow day at my clinic.



As a result, I was left with some spare time (for once!), where I was inspired to work on some of my own designs. I decided to start by focusing on temples, because this is the part of the frame that allows the most design. Now, please keep in mind these are sketches, drafts if you will, so they're far from perfect, but they give a glimpse of what all I've got going on inside my mind. See if you can find the significance of each name.
Crypto, Gears, and Steele

Depecher and Whimsy

Alice, Little Crumpet, and Brandon

Baast, Batavia (named after an exceptionally beautiful woman I know), and Medusa

Celeste, Akasha, and Neo (probably my favorite concept)

 And just because pictures are fun, here are some old ones of me in various specs. =)


Back to the main topic, before I stray too far with my own senses of narcissism and nostalgia,  I will be adding more designs, including frame fronts, as well as additional temple designs. Please leave a comment if there are other gothic themes you'd like to see incorporated into a frame design.

Until next time, Drearies..
 Sea, the Gothic Optician, A.B.O.C.








No comments:

Post a Comment